Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Internet Entrepreneur Austen Jones - Takes the Road Less Traveled

Contact Information:

Austen Jones
St. Edwards University
Organizational Communication major
Austen@evolvedideas.net
Blog: evolvedideas.blogspot.com
Website: evolvedideas.net

The Beginning:

I started off my college career as an aviation student at a small regional college in Oklahoma. After Obtaining my privates pilots license, I realized that the airline industry was not for me. The constant urge to develop my own company has plagued my thoughts since my first job.

Once I finalized my decision to transfer into St. Edwards as an entrepreneur major, I quickly realized my passion for the internet. This passion was centered around the idea of starting a company that specialized in social media. I immediately knew that this was my calling and ultimately my "ticket" to a life beyond the realms of any normal career. Only problem was that my major was outdated, and failed to offer any insight into social media.

At this point I decided to change my major once more, to Organizational Communication. The study of how organizations function. The idea behind my decision was that this major would allow me to explore the different approaches to creating a dexterous organization with the ability to evolve alongside the ever changing terrain of the internet. At this point the idea of creating a website capable of meshing the concepts of influential social media with a collaborative approach to teaching people how to utilize different online advertising/marketing services in order to create numerous sources of residual income.

The Solution:

Evolved Ideas is the website that will hopefully make it possible. Hopefully in the future Evolvedideas.net will all for its users to learn how to make money on the internet through the sites collaborative approach to creating content, in order to document the methods of utilizing these different opportunities.

Evolved Ideas will also offer full website development fr Drupal CMS and Sugar CRM. Along with out development services we will offer Social Media Marketing consultation and content writing services. Last but certainly not least, Evolved Ideas will provide SEO and SEM solutions including Site/page analysis, Keyword research, link building strategies, and general consultations.

Academic Accomplishments

St. Edwards University
Graduation August 2008
Bachelors of Organizational Communication
School of Humanities

South Eastern Oklahoma State University
Obtained Private Pilots License
Completed Commercial Ground school

Professional Experience

Internship - Austin Software Architects
Summer 2008
Worked mostly as a Software Tester and IT professional

Internship - Famecast.com
Summer 2008
Contracted out to Famecast.com from Austin Software Architects to basically function as their offices only IT professional. I was basically put in charge of all support requests at the office.

Project Portfolio

Currently I am working on several different projects that all fall within the realm of social media and organization communication. Below you will find a list of projects that I have created.

Social Media Class - St. Edwards

EvolvedIdeas.blogspot.com - This is my first "free" blog, it was created for this class. The primary topic is the concept of social media and its influence over the public.

My first Podcast. Topic: Social Media, Whats that?
Listen to "We Like to Poddy.m4a"

Viral Video - Submitted to the Youtube.com Hungerbytes World Food Organization contest:



Professional Sites Developed for Clients:



PrimaryProfits.com is operated by the Joomla! CMS, this site was developed with the goal of informing its users about a powerful real estate investing school.





DFKinvestments.com is a re-make of primaryprofits.com, These two guys are business partners who both wanted similar sites with a different template, and slightly altered content.






Resortinformationins.com is another Joomla! CMS site for a Concierge publication company. They specialize in creating some of the most elegant books in the industry. Their books are exclusively invite only and they offer information on some the the finest establishments in the North American and Caribbean regions.




Current Projects:


Obergproperties.com has been "Selling, Leasing, And Managing Lake Travis" properties since the early 1980's. We automated their property listing, created communication portals for people to contact all the different agents. Currently we are finishing the template, and final customizations to some of the splash pages.



EvolvedIdeas.net is my personal project and we have already talked about the purpose of this site.







Jaqujones.com is a site that I am building for my sister so that she can build her fashion design portfolio, and show off her artistic talent.






Summary:
Austen Jones, Me, is nearing the end of my college career. From here, I plan to build on these ideas, and my develop my services as an internet entrepreneur. I have learned a lot in my studies of Social Media and plan to implement many of the concepts if the development of a Social Media campaign. If anyone is interested in learning about making money by contributing to the internet you can find me at Evolvedideas.net.

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Jolie Goodnight said...

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that you're page for Chels looks fantastic. Maybe as I get more established I'll talk to you about building my a site for networking my burlesque talents.